Tuesday 24 July 2012

From my mother's closet...

I had mentioned in my last post that I was working on a concept. Well, for a long time I have been fascinated by a lot of Indian crafts. And the other day while ransacking my mother's wardrobe, amongst all her lovely sarees, I found one that was very unique to my eye. It was a usual cotton woven saree which we call as 'taant' in Bengali. A pale pink base with the design woven in a deep ink blue. And as I have always loved wearable fashion, an idea popped into my head.



I love the way the threads are woven so intricately to create such amazing designs.





Well here's the full shot!



Its a straight cut sheath dress with a little metal at the back.




Well I hope you liked what you saw. Do let me know if I can improvise on anything!


Hope you guys are having a wonderful week!


6 comments:

  1. Hey!! That's beautiful!! Loved how you used the reverse of the fabric for the front...it created such an interesting texture!!! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. instead of zipper at the bk it could have been in the front or may be little longer to add to the dress as a dsign element,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duly noted...will keep in mind for next time. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks a lot....
    I know...the reverse side has so much more effect....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You my friend are bloody talented. Loved the concept. Inspired! So raiding mum's closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thnaks a lot dear....stay tuned a lot more coming up!

    ReplyDelete